To celebrate 30th anniversary of Summer Mission, this year mission trip we will go to East Indonesia from Atambua, Betun, Kefamenanu, Soe, Kupang and ended at Surabaya, East Java for Summer Mission Alumni Gathering that will be held this year.
East Nusa Tenggara (Indonesian: Nusa Tenggara Timur – NTT) is the southernmost province of Indonesia. It is located in the eastern part of the Lesser Sunda Islands that includes West Timor. The provincial capital is Kupang on West Timor.
FACTS & NUMBERS ABOUT NTT
- The secondary school enrollment rate of 39% in NTT is dramatically below the Indonesian average (80% in 2003/04, according to UNESCO).
- Lack of clean drinking water, sanitation, and health facilities mean that child malnutrition (32%) and child mortality (71 per 1000) are one of the highest in Indonesia.
- The local economy is weaker than the Indonesian average with 3 indicators such as high inflation(15%), unemployment (30%) and interest rates (22-24%); making it one of the poorest provinces in Indonesia.
- In 2010, 23% of the populations were classified as poor compared to the all-Indonesia average of 13.3%.
- Around 50% of the children in the province suffer from stunting. In 2017 cases of domestic violence are the highest in the history of NTT with 57 reported cases followed by 44 cases of fornication, 35 cases of trafficking and 27 cases of rape
- A total of 166 children aged 15-25 in Kupang were infected with the HIV / AIDS virus in the period 2000-2016.
- The total population in Kupang, which is infected with HIV / AIDS, is 1,015 people, while for NTT, there are 4,000 people infected with HIV / AIDS. The new HIV / AIDS patients are now in their teens (http://kupang.tribunnews.com/2017/05/21/166-remaja-di-kota-kupang-terinveksi-hiv-aids)
- Based on BNN finding, the number of drug users in NTT in the year of 2017 is at least 32,000 people and are dominated by people with an established economic level
You, among 40 people from all over the world, will visit 5 cities at East Nusa Tenggara (NTT). From Crusades, No Apologies Seminar to high schoolers, Business Seminar, Church Empowerment, orphanage / hospital / prison visit, praying for the sick & the needy until fundraising to build as many water wells & community development are what we will during 16 day mission trip. We invite you to join this mission, answer our highest calling and bless thousands of people & their community as well.
For more information: click here or Whatsapp: +6281131120601 Henny